Wedding flowers are equally essential parts of your big day. They make your ceremony ethereally beautiful–unless you want a dull and sombre ambience. It is called celebration for nothing, and flowers do its part to make it lovelier and alive. Flowers bloom as your love for each other ignites. More often than not, couples make mistakes in choosing the right flowers for their wedding, possibly due to lack of knowledge, pressure or simply stress. Therefore today, we give you 5 valuable tips from top florists to avoid some mistakes.
1. Consult your florists: Even if you have a penchant for flowers, it is crucial for you to summon a competent florist to help you out with decorating your venues. Florists have a vast knowledge and significant years of experience in doing this and simply they have creative eyes that you might not just have yet! If you don’t any one that rings a bell, ask your friends for recommendations or even visit wedding-related sites especially Merry To Marry for a list of genius florists.
2. Be open to suggestions: Related to the above tip, do not say no before you have seen the entire vision or even before you know. Be open to the suggestions of the florist and have a healthy working relationship with them. If you don’t like the idea, tell them in a nice way but be prepared for what they have to say.
3. Do not replicate inspiration: Wedding-related sites will give you so much inspiration, but do not try to replicate what has already been done. This may lead you to disaster anyhow, unless you hire the same florist/artist who made those flowers you saw on Instagram or Pinterest. It is always good when you put personal touches to the work to have better results and be an inspiration to others in return.
4. Be mindful of the season: Flowers, just like fruits, are seasonal. Hence it is very important to take note of the month of your wedding. For instance you are getting hitched in December, you might want to reconsider getting a gardenia or a carnation which both bloom in summer time.
5. Consider your color motif and venue: This is the reason why you need a florist to consult with. You need them to help you out plan the best wedding flowers that match your color motif, theme and venues. Flowers are not merely accents, but vital parts that may make or break your wedding.
We know that you miss our special feature every Tuesday, hence we are bringing this back for all of you. Today we explore the important facets in making your dream wedding a success—wherever it is. Aside from the theme, couples nowadays also hope to get hitched in their dream location. But opting for an unfamiliar location brings out even more challenges…but But BUT with a thorough plan, these hurdles will be addressed. We give you 5 destination wedding tips to making your dream wedding come into fruition.
1. Location: Choose not only the place you’ve been dreaming of but also a place that matches the theme you want, a place that won’t be difficult for the transportation of the guests and a place that is within your budget. In order to pull it off, consider these three factors.
2. Time: Consider also the timing—date, season, weather—of your wedding. If you want a beach wedding but you want to get wed in July which is a rainy season, then what’s the point? There’s nothing about the rain, but think of it—beach and rain? Two things that shouldn’t be in the same sentence.
3. Vendors: This one also is associated with your budget. If you have the financial resources to bring your wedding suppliers to your wedding location, then go for it. But if you can’t pay for their plane tickets for instance or to pay extra for out-of-town expenses, then why not consider local wedding suppliers. There’s at least a handful of vendors locally who are as good as the ones in town.
4. Local Requirements: There are some local requirements that are entailed should you decide to hold your wedding out-of-town. Every town, city or country demands different requirements, so it is better to research beforehand.
5. Research: As mentioned above, researching is key. There’s an Internet for a reason. You can now Google everything so do it. But you can also ask for help and for suggestions from your coordinator or even friends. And if necessary, you can also connect with couples who held their wedding in the same location you are eyeing. There’s no harm in asking after all.