It’s the big day, so perhaps you are experiencing some butterflies in your stomach and feeling a little bit agitated. That’s completely normal, especially when you think that your wedding marks the start of the a new chapter in your life. Your wedding day might be the busiest day for you and maybe you want to take time for yourself alone. That’s very possible! Before the clock strikes at that precious hour, you can do many things. Hence, today, we list down five of the most common things you can do on your alone time before you head off to the church and walk down the aisle:
1. Pray/Meditate: You might be feeling unsettled and anxious, so the best way to address this is to mediate and/or pray. Taking some deep breaths can clear you mind and appease that agitation, whereas reading some bible verses is one way of asking for an eternal blessing.
2. Write: The best way to express your feelings is to write it down. Get a piece of paper and a pen and jot down everything you are feeling. You will be surprised how pacifying this creative outlet is. Plus, if you haven’t written your vows, then this is the perfect time to pour your emotions out.
3. Exercise: This is by no means going to the gym and taking some workout classes. Running around your village or doing some yoga or zumba at home can release toxins. It can also activate your endorphins and can make you extra-happy.
4. Pamper Yourself: As we stated before, never ever have your facial days before your wedding, let alone on the day itself, unless you’re keen on displaying some red spots your face. There are some other better ways of pampering yourself on your wedding day, like getting some massage or a relaxing hot bubble bath or even getting your hand and toe nails done. Just be careful of a gruesome ‘murder’.
5. Do What You Love The Most: You know yourself better than anyone, so why not do something you love; something that makes you happy. It could cooking, reading a book, dancing, or vlogging. You name it. But whatever it is, do it the best you can while celebrating the last day of your singlehood.
Imagine yourself strolling around a massive shopping mall and you can’t seem to find this specific shop you have been looking for. What would you do? Your instinct will tell you to look for a concierge, or for any directory that can tell you which way to take and where exactly that shop is, right? This situation can be likened to an engaged couple who doesn’t know where to start when it comes to planning their own wedding. Don’t be embarrassed! For sure, every one has been through this.
The emergence of the Internet and social media platforms, however, has made the lives of everyone so much easier. Thanks to wedding blogs like Merry To Marry for the tips and hacks they compile regularly in order to give a light on those who are dazed and confused. But there is this particular community in the Philippine wedding scene who seems to proactively assume the position of being a concierge–the point person to go to for answers. The Wedding Tip Sheet did that! Does THAT! Darlene Tan-Salazar, who is the woman behind this, recently posted her ‘Do Not Do This Series’ and as such, we would like to share with you some of these.