As the old adage says, less is more. More often than not, this is true and it apparently applies to wedding, as well. Some couples dream of a grand, fairytale-like wedding, but some goes in for a simple yet classic union. After all, a minimalist wedding arguably equates to divinity.
Hence for our Tuesday Tips, we give you 5 of the most common things couples do to achieve a minimalist wedding.
1. Go White: We believe this is the base for your ‘less is more’ coming together. White looks clean and simply ethereal. And to stress out, you can never go wrong with white. Just keep yourselves from saucy and messy foods.
2. Neutral colors to add spice: White goes well with almost every color, but to accentuate your minimalist wedding, neutral colors would be perfect. Use such colors such as olive, army, camel, and taupe to put your wedding to another level.
3. Simple doesn’t mean boring: Minimalist wedding does not mean you no longer need to put accessories. You may go in for simple designs for your tablewares (transparent chairs and less decorated couple’s backdrop), boutonnieres, and wedding invitations.
4. Wedding Cake and Dress: Let us put emphasis on the wedding cake and dress. The wedding cake must be muted and decorated less; maybe a touch of green will make it better. Whereas, a simple designed wedding gown will boost a woman’s natural beauty!
5. Intimacy: If you’re really trying to achieve a minimalist wedding, why not work on your numbers. Yes, you’ve read that right. This is your wedding and you only need your family and closest friends to witness your special day.
We notice that off-the-shoulder tops and dresses are getting back its popularity nowadays. Thus, it’s even more popular to brides. Off-the shoulder wedding gowns are perfect way for a bride to show some skin, while still remaining classy and modest.
Off-the-shoulder wedding gowns fit most of body types. Here are the list:
1. Hour glass. This style is perfect to highlight your curves. It’s your wedding day anyway, so why not show it off. But don’t forget to avoid full,immensely ornamented, or gowns that may make you appear larger than you are.
2. Pear shaped. Off-the-shoulder gowns are perfect for this body type. It may balance your hips and taking the emphasis off of them. It will also add width on top to give balance to your silhouette.
3. Rectangular. It focus more attention up toward the upper half to the body frame, taking the focus off the midsection of your body, especially when combined with an a-line skirt.
P.S. If you have wide shoulders, it’s best not to opt for an off-the-shoulder neckline so it won’t make you look big and emphasize this fact.