We know that you miss our special feature every Tuesday, hence we are bringing this back for all of you. Today we explore the important facets in making your dream wedding a success—wherever it is. Aside from the theme, couples nowadays also hope to get hitched in their dream location. But opting for an unfamiliar location brings out even more challenges…but But BUT with a thorough plan, these hurdles will be addressed. We give you 5 destination wedding tips to making your dream wedding come into fruition.
1. Location: Choose not only the place you’ve been dreaming of but also a place that matches the theme you want, a place that won’t be difficult for the transportation of the guests and a place that is within your budget. In order to pull it off, consider these three factors.
2. Time: Consider also the timing—date, season, weather—of your wedding. If you want a beach wedding but you want to get wed in July which is a rainy season, then what’s the point? There’s nothing about the rain, but think of it—beach and rain? Two things that shouldn’t be in the same sentence.
3. Vendors: This one also is associated with your budget. If you have the financial resources to bring your wedding suppliers to your wedding location, then go for it. But if you can’t pay for their plane tickets for instance or to pay extra for out-of-town expenses, then why not consider local wedding suppliers. There’s at least a handful of vendors locally who are as good as the ones in town.
4. Local Requirements: There are some local requirements that are entailed should you decide to hold your wedding out-of-town. Every town, city or country demands different requirements, so it is better to research beforehand.
5. Research: As mentioned above, researching is key. There’s an Internet for a reason. You can now Google everything so do it. But you can also ask for help and for suggestions from your coordinator or even friends. And if necessary, you can also connect with couples who held their wedding in the same location you are eyeing. There’s no harm in asking after all.
If you think holding your wedding by the pristine body of water and on a sandy coastline would be a breeze, then think again. It’s like a strong big wave that crashes anything. Holding a beach wedding is not as easy as you think, but with the proper and careful planning, it could blow all of your worries out of the water. Therefore this Tuesday (as we always do), we give you 5 things to remember for your beach wedding.
1. Location: Choose the perfect location for your wedding that is within your budget. There are some beach resorts right now that offer good deals and packages that might pique your interest and might match your bank account. Also when choosing a location, take into consideration the transport options. You don’t want your guests to have a hard time in getting to the venue.
2. Time: Most beach weddings are held mid morning or late afternoon to get away from the intensity of Mr. Sun. Yes, you can tolerate the heat for a long time, but how about your guests? Not everyone is okay with the high temperature especially the old folks and kids, so bear this mind.
3. Dress: The beach wedding calls for light and flowy attires, so dress that part. Leave the ball gown behind and look for a wedding dress that is silky, beautiful, and something that will dance with wind.
4. Food: Cement that beach wedding with an array of sea food! It’s time to bring this sumptuous food out—tiger prawns, lobsters, crabs; name it and it shall be yours!
5. Fun: The beach is synonymous to the word fun, therefore it would be a disservice if you wouldn’t. Dance with wind, soak your feet in the sand and water, and make this the best day of your life! You deserve it.